Saturday was Wylie’s birthday. We had big plans. Plans to go over the river and to the woods to grandmother’s house, with a car load of boys in tow. But then both our boys woke up with fevers and colds. Plans canceled, time to improvise, time to make-do and make lovely with the hand we had be dealt.
First up, Momma’s Orange Sweet Rolls baked in a fluted removable bottom quiche pan.
I have found these pans to be great for yummy sticky foods like breakfast rolls. Much easier to get out of the pan whole.
See? Aren’t they so pretty?
These sweet rolls are a cheat but they are yummy and easy.
Here is how I make them:
1) Grease inside of pan with butter. Cut up about 2 tbsp of butter into small pats and place randomly in pan.
2) Take the orange glaze from the a tube of Pillsbury Sweet Rolls with Orange Glaze
and stick it in the microwave for about 20 seconds to soften it (make sure to take off the lid first.)
3) Pour 3/4 of glaze in pan, spreading it around as you pour.
4) Next, pour in about 1/4-1/2 cup of chopped nuts (Pecans or Walnuts are best) and spread around to bottom of the pan.
5) Place sweet rolls on top of nut/glaze mixture. Drizzle remaining glaze over the tops of the rolls. Bake according to directions.
Serve with love, laughter and a giant cup of coffee (or milk if you prefer.)
Despite our change of plans, it was a lovely way to start Saturday morning and Wylie’s 11th year together. We are a little behind on the birthday candle burning though.. Thinking the whole month of August may have to be dedicated to this occasion!