Southwest Chicken Pasta
Author: Jerusalem Jackson Greer
Recipe type: One Pot
Serves: Serves 4-6
Dinner on Monday night can be one of those maddening things for us. Every now and then I have these great intentions on Sunday to have a healthy, yummy meal plan for the whole week, but then Monday comes along and lays me out flat. Going back to work and school on Monday’s is always such a shock to my system, despite it’s regular appearance. And it is so easy to throw my very yummy, but somewhat complicated, dinner plan out the window. In those instances I am grateful for the few almost-one-pot wonders from our stock pantry items.
- 1 dozen raw chicken boneless-skinless tenders
- 1 can Black Beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes with green chili’s
- 1 can Diced Italian seasoned tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp of Sour Cream
- Grated Cheese
- 1 box Penne Pasta
- Pre-Heat Oven to 400 degrees
- Was and dry chicken tenders, then lay in a slightly greased cassarole pan
- Strain and wash black beans
- Cover chicken with tomatoes, beans, and sour cream.
- Put Chicken mixture in over and bake for 20 minutes – making sure the mixture is bubbling and chicken is cooked through before serving.
- Boil and strain Penne Pasta.
- Serve Chicken mixture over Penne Pasta, top with more sour cream and grated cheese to taste.