I have a theory. This theory is that the messier a sandwich is, the better it is.
My Summer Farmhouse Breakfast Sandwich proves this point exquisitely.
So what makes it a summer sandwich? Fresh basil and fresh tomatoes.
What makes it farmhouse? Farm-fresh eggs.
What makes it amazing? The brie cheese.
SUMMER FARMHOUSE BREAKFAST SANDWICH
Serves 1 * Prep Time – 10 min
1 Farm-Fresh Egg
2 Tomato Slices or a handful of Cherry Tomatoes sliced
4- 6 Fresh Basil Leaves
2 Slices of Light Rye Bread
Salt and Pepper
- Toast your bread, the lightly butter one side of each piece
- Slice tomatoes, wash basil leaves, and slice brie (thin slices, enough to cover one piece of bread.)
- Place first piece of toast on plate, butter side-up. Top with brie, then basil, then tomatoes. Set aside.
- Fry egg over-easy to over-medium.
- Place fried egg on sandwich stack.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Top with second piece of bread, and press down untill egg begins to run.
- Cut in half, and enjoy!
- (And keep lots of napkins on hand!)