Well there is still a lot to be done at Preservation Acres, big things like miles of trim to paint and kitchens to install and storage units to move.. Not to mention the outside… But while I wait for better weather and the broken truck to be fixed and the kitchen cabinets to come in, I thought I would add a little Valentine’s Day Flair to our living area.
Below are the five easy things I did to spread a little love around our casa.
1) Put a Heart On It– Whatever it is, if it stands still, put a heart on it. A paper heart, a crochet heart, a painted heart. Just find a few thumbtacks or some double-sided tape and slap a heart on some favorite pieces of artwork or other items.
2) Write a Letter – Or use letters to write words. Whatev. These are vintage letters from a word game from the 40’s. Pre-Scrabble, Pre-pre-Words W Friends.
(By the way, how in the heck are future generations going to be crafty and decorate if all our games and such are online? Where will they get their vintage letters and trinkets?
3) Join the Chain Gang – I am a sucker for chain garlands, especially ones made from ribbon. This one is made from grosgrain ribbon scraps that I joined with a single stitch for each loop (in the past I may have used staples instead of sewing…)
4) Go Around the World – If you a globe or two, why not throw some cute little paper hearts or mini-bunting around it? This one is made from bakers twine and circle and heart punches glue back-to-back with the twine in between. Easy peasy.
5) You’ve Got Mail! – Once again our Target $1 section mini-maliboxes are out and ready to receive mail! Years ago we dolled these up with scrapbook papers, glue sticks and stamps. Even though our boys are getting bigger it is still a fun treat for everyone to see who has mail each afternoon.
Want some more Valentine Day Inspiration? Check out these past post from the archives:
Happy Monday friends!